Two weeks of WWE TV and the Great American Bash: An exercise in mediocrity
INTRODUCTION
WELL, Vince McMahon suckered me good.
He got me interested in the WWE again courtesy of two weeks of half-decent television, then took my money for Smackdown!’s Great American Bash PPV like a two-bit hustlin’ whore and ran off before giving me a blow job.
I blame myself. I read on Meltzer’s site (www.wrestlingobserver.com) that a Chris Benoit-William Regal main event on Velocity was worth going out of my way to watch.
I haven’t bothered to watch Velocity in ages, but his comment piqued my curiosity.
Meanwhile, RAW suddenly hotted up with Triple H’s self-imposed absence from the show, along with Matt Hardy’s “shoot/fake” run-ins on Edge and the awesome promos from Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan to push their money match for SummerSlam.
Surprisingly, at the same time, I was once more enjoying Smackdown! – something I haven’t been able to say in several months.
The fortnight prior to the Bash was so interesting in parts – Mexicool’s debut, the charisma of tag champs MNM, Benoit’s in-ring brilliance, the return of a personal fave in Road Warrior Animal – that it helped me forget the bad angles (mainly involving Eddie Guerrero and Rey Misterio) and pointless matches involving tattooed steroid monsters.
So I parted with my hard-earned cash for the Bash PPV.
I won’t make that mistake again.
THE BEGINNING
MY RENEWED obsession with WWE began when I taped a weekend’s worth of rasslin’ on Fox8. Watching WWE with your finger on the fast-forward button of the remote is the ONLY way to watch nowadays…you can get through the crap and find the few hidden gems within the shows.
Let’s start with the July 11 RAW (screened five days later in Australia).
What The Doctor Liked:
1. The opening video package showing Shawn Michaels’ turn on Hulk Hogan. Awesome.
2. The return of “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Piper’s Pit…and he actually made sense on the microphone this time.
3. Matt Hardy’s “shoot” return and two attacks on Edge and Lita. Sure, it was fake, but I enjoyed all the shoot comments as they dragged Matt from ringside
4. Kurt Angle’s antics while nearly losing the Kurt Angle Invitational to Matt “Liar” Striker (the New York teacher who pretended he was sick when, in fact, he was moonlighting as a wrestler). This was funny stuff and I’m so glad they’ve moved away from Kurt “Sexual Predator” Angle (which is probably a little bit too shoot for my tastes).
HBK’s superkick on Piper to climax the episode. Perfect timing and it had me interested enough to watch the next RAW.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Chris Jericho. God, I’m so bored with this fella. His matches lack passion and his persona is beyond stale. Fuck off and be a rock star, junior, and stop wasting the fans’ time.
2. Chris Masters and Gene Snitsky. Why?
3. Diva Search hosted by The Coach and Christy “Captain Charisma-free” Hemme. Double why?
4. John Cena’s relegation to mid-card status. Feuding with Jericho and Eric Bischoff is career suicide for Mr Cena.
5. The Kane-Edge feud. Please, God, let it end.
After RAW came Velocity.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. “The Future” Frankie Kazarian’s debut win over Nunzio. Sure, he’ll never amount to anything on Smackdown!, but he could be a lot of fun to watch on this show.
2. Benoit vs Regal. An old-school classic that was marred by two ad breaks and not being given enough time (although 12 minutes isn’t bad for a B-level throw-away show like Velocity). This is the best Benoit has looked in nearly a year. Seriously, the Crippler’s been getting very dull lately – let’s hope this leads to a Benoit-Regal feud for the US title.
3. Commentator Josh Matthews. He tries at least.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Fellow commentator Steve Romero. Who hired this know-nothing geek? I thought colour commentators were supposed to have, y’know, a personality. Sheesh!
I taped the July 14 SmackDown! on Sunday.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Mexicool vs. Paul London, Funaki & Scotty 2 Hotty. It looks like Super Crazy’s the only guy working for his team as Juvey and Psicosis did next to nothing (except for Juvey’s 450 splash which he blew and wound up driving his knee into poor London’s head). And their gimmick’s incredibly racist. Still, they’re a fun combo to watch. Good match.
2. Christian’s beatdown and victory over Booker T. This was great and the perfect way to build up Captain Charisma as a vicious SOB. Christian’s been so badly mishandled by the writers – the crowd are willing him to become a superstar, and yet he keeps getting cut off at the knees. Hopefully, this is the start of something good for Christian.
3. The return of Road Warrior Animal. It was great to see jumpin’ Joe back in the ring and he didn’t look too bad for his age. Hooking him up with Heidenreich may not be the right thing to do, but the pair should have a fun nostalgia match with MNM at the Bash. This was one of the major reasons why I ordered the PPV.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Eddie Guerrero’s antics. He’s good at being a heel, but this angle with Rey Misterio is killing Eddie dead. No-one likes this soapie crap (except Vinnie Mac, obviously). And this feud’s going nowhere. Eddie’s lost a step and Rey’s bone-lazy these days, so their matches have all been less than spectacular (which is a disgrace considering who we’re talking about here). These two have been going at it for six months which, in WWE, feels like an eternity – normally, I’d be happy to see such a long-term feud developing, but thanks to the average matches and shite angle, I just want this to end. Now.
2. Batista vs Orlando Jordan. Lord, I’m glad I fast-forwarded through this one. JBL’s beatdown on Batista after the match didn’t give me much faith their main event at the Bash would be worth watching.
I wrapped up my first weekend of WWE action with an episode of International Heat.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Nothing.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Viscera being a man-raping babyface.
2. The mishandling of the Heart Throbs, who could be a hot heel tag team.
3. Rob Conway’s new gimmick. Ugh.
4. Rene Dupree entering the arena wearing a Ric Flair-style robe. Now THAT’S offensive.
5. Everything else.
WEEK 2
IT CONTINUED for me the following week. I was hooked and I needed to keep up-to-date on all the WWE goings-on before I tuned into the Bash. First, there was the July 18 RAW.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita. Forget the morality of what these three perpetrated months ago to set up this angle. Forget about Hardy’s hypocrisy in previous interviews after being sacked by WWE. Forget about his overall sleaziness and being a mark for the business. Right now, the only thing I care about is that this angle EXCITES me. Plus I think Lita's far hotter as a heel than as a face. Of course, their match won’t deliver and their feud will sell diddly-squat tickets, but I enjoy it.
2. The verbal showdown between Michaels and Hogan. Wow. Two manipulative, cunning ring greats duelling on the microphones – it was wonderful to watch. Hogan won, of course. No-one manipulates the crowd as well as the Hulkster.
3. Angle taking on Matt Striker (again). That was really funny. Kurt is pure gold in these spots.
4. Carlito. His feud with Shelton Benjamin isn’t clicking, but I love to see him wrestle and hear him talk. Carlito as WWE’s longest-reigning IC champ? That sounds cool.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Cena having to wrestle Snitsky in the main event. That was horrible.
2. The Diva Search. Just let it end and hire the bimbos. Please!
3. Chavo Guerrero’s “If it’s not white, it’s not right” gimmick. What the fuck?
4. Jericho as a main-eventer. Jesus…bring back Triple H.
OK, not the greatest RAW, but I was stoked ’cos Velocity was next.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. More Frankie Kazarian. Yes!
2. The bWO challenging Mexicool. It doesn’t make sense, but I like it anyway.
3. MNM vs Danny Doring/Roadkill. WWE tag champs vs the last ECW tag champs. Very nice – and nice of WWE to acknowledge the challengers’ tag team history.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Steve Romero. You have no idea how much I hate him.
2. Christian selling for most of his match against Funaki. That doesn’t exactly build him up as a credible main event guy.
The next day, I taped Smackdown! from July 21, followed by International Heat (which is masochistic, I know). First, let’s talk about Smackdown!.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Rey Mysterio vs Super Crazy. It ended in DQ was merely a backdrop to further Rey’s feud with Eddie, but I enjoyed much of it, particularly as Super Crazy’s the only member of Mexicool who actually does any work in the ring. And I’ll admit their entrance on the lawnmower is a guilty pleasure.
2. Animal & Heidenreich destroying two jobbers in under 30 seconds. Shades of the original Road Warriors (and quite sensible keeping the match as short as possible, considering how horrible Heidenreich is in the ring).
3. Eddie vs Benoit. A fabulous bout although the countout ending was flat. However, Rey’s post-match attack on Eddie was a nice touch.
4. JBL’s “presidential address”. He’s always entertaining on the mike. Pity I have to see him wrestle though.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Booker T vs Simon Dean. I hated Booker T back in WCW but at least he could work in those days. Now he’s just horrible. Dean is a nothing gimmick that sucks the life out of the crowd. Bleh.
Next came Heat and, thank Christ, it was slightly better than last week.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. The Heart Throbs. I was sorry to see them lose again, but I enjoyed their antics coming to the ring and their match with tag champs Hurricane and Rosey was passable.
2. Super Stacy. The only reason to watch two glorified jobbers as RAW’s tag team champions is the fact they’re managed by Stacy Keibler wearing a mask. Mmmmm…
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Viscera. Nuff said.
2. Rene Dupree. Nuff said.
3. Rob Conway. Nuff said.
4. Val Venis. Billy Kidman and Charlie Haas get sacked, yet this zero still has a job and gets TV time to boot?
MY COMEUPPANCE
SO, FUELED by two weeks of reasonably good WWE TV (by 2005 standards anyway), I sat down to watch WWE Smackdown! The Great American Bash, held in Buffalo NY on July 24.
Now, while I disagree with many fans who felt this was one of the worst (if not THE worst) PPV of the year, I thought it was merely mediocre. I certainly wasn’t happy about spending $30 ordering it, but it wasn’t completely horrible either.
Let’s run through the highs and lows, shall we?
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Animal & Heidenreich winning the tag belts. Nostalgia pops can be good sometimes and as long as this is a short-term switch, I’m happy to see one half of my all-time fave tag team holding WWE tag gold again. Of course, it’s a pity a walking chemist shop is holding the other strap.
2. Undertaker’s destruction of the Muhammad Hassan and Daivari characters. We all knew it was happening and why, but I still enjoyed watching such a total burial of an unsuccessful gimmick. The match itself sucked, but the post-match shenanigans made it worthwhile
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Bad booking decisions. MNM losing their belts so quickly after winning it really sent them down a notch or three. The decision to have Christian job to Booker T was nonsensical. And Benoit losing clean to a stiff like Orlando Jordan made no sense whatsoever. Deciding who should go over in those first three matches pretty much killed the PPV for many people, I think.
2. Orlando vs Benoit. Bad enough as the decision was to put the champ over the Rabid Wolverine, what was even worse was the match itself. And, frankly, I don’t entirely blame Orlando. Benoit was lethargic, uninspired and, dare I say it, just plain ordinary. Like Eddie, age and injuries are finally catching up with the Crippler and it could soon be time for him to gracefully retire and become head trainer at Vince’s new meat factory in Atlanta. Then again…maybe Orlando really is that horrible.
3. Booker T winning. Any match. Ever. Who cares? Fuck off and die, mate.
4. The Muhammad Hassan-Undertaker feud recap. Tasteless, insensitive crap. Basically, the Hassan gimmick was garbage from the start – it eventually led to the complete burial of the poor sap who played Hassan. Let’s just hope his career isn’t as dead as his character.
5. The bWO (Steven Richards & Nova & Blue Meanie) vs Mexicool. I expected more from this match. Instead, it was short filler material. The crowd didn’t care and neither did I. Pity.
6. Eddie vs Rey. Once again, these two underachievers lived up to my lowered expectations. The match was adequate (no more, no less) and was marred by constant camera shots of Rey’s kid Dominic at ringside (and the kid's already taller than his midget dad. Jesus!). What’s worse, we now know this limp feud will continue till at least SummerSlam. Lord give me fuckin’ strength.
7. JBL vs Batista. What’s worse than watching JBL and Batista plod through a near-20-minute snoozefest? Having it end with a lame DQ, thereby extending their feud till SummerSlam. Could a PPV have ended any worse than this?
Hmmm. Maybe I need to reassess my opinion. This could well be the worst Great American Bash I’ve seen since the infamous “We Want Flair” GAB of 1991. Of course, I didn’t see last year’s PPV for a comparison, so maybe I’m being too harsh on this one.
It did suck a lot, however.
And you can take this to the bank, I won’t be ordering another WWE PPV for a long, long time.
WELL, Vince McMahon suckered me good.
He got me interested in the WWE again courtesy of two weeks of half-decent television, then took my money for Smackdown!’s Great American Bash PPV like a two-bit hustlin’ whore and ran off before giving me a blow job.
I blame myself. I read on Meltzer’s site (www.wrestlingobserver.com) that a Chris Benoit-William Regal main event on Velocity was worth going out of my way to watch.
I haven’t bothered to watch Velocity in ages, but his comment piqued my curiosity.
Meanwhile, RAW suddenly hotted up with Triple H’s self-imposed absence from the show, along with Matt Hardy’s “shoot/fake” run-ins on Edge and the awesome promos from Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan to push their money match for SummerSlam.
Surprisingly, at the same time, I was once more enjoying Smackdown! – something I haven’t been able to say in several months.
The fortnight prior to the Bash was so interesting in parts – Mexicool’s debut, the charisma of tag champs MNM, Benoit’s in-ring brilliance, the return of a personal fave in Road Warrior Animal – that it helped me forget the bad angles (mainly involving Eddie Guerrero and Rey Misterio) and pointless matches involving tattooed steroid monsters.
So I parted with my hard-earned cash for the Bash PPV.
I won’t make that mistake again.
THE BEGINNING
MY RENEWED obsession with WWE began when I taped a weekend’s worth of rasslin’ on Fox8. Watching WWE with your finger on the fast-forward button of the remote is the ONLY way to watch nowadays…you can get through the crap and find the few hidden gems within the shows.
Let’s start with the July 11 RAW (screened five days later in Australia).
What The Doctor Liked:
1. The opening video package showing Shawn Michaels’ turn on Hulk Hogan. Awesome.
2. The return of “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Piper’s Pit…and he actually made sense on the microphone this time.
3. Matt Hardy’s “shoot” return and two attacks on Edge and Lita. Sure, it was fake, but I enjoyed all the shoot comments as they dragged Matt from ringside
4. Kurt Angle’s antics while nearly losing the Kurt Angle Invitational to Matt “Liar” Striker (the New York teacher who pretended he was sick when, in fact, he was moonlighting as a wrestler). This was funny stuff and I’m so glad they’ve moved away from Kurt “Sexual Predator” Angle (which is probably a little bit too shoot for my tastes).
HBK’s superkick on Piper to climax the episode. Perfect timing and it had me interested enough to watch the next RAW.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Chris Jericho. God, I’m so bored with this fella. His matches lack passion and his persona is beyond stale. Fuck off and be a rock star, junior, and stop wasting the fans’ time.
2. Chris Masters and Gene Snitsky. Why?
3. Diva Search hosted by The Coach and Christy “Captain Charisma-free” Hemme. Double why?
4. John Cena’s relegation to mid-card status. Feuding with Jericho and Eric Bischoff is career suicide for Mr Cena.
5. The Kane-Edge feud. Please, God, let it end.
After RAW came Velocity.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. “The Future” Frankie Kazarian’s debut win over Nunzio. Sure, he’ll never amount to anything on Smackdown!, but he could be a lot of fun to watch on this show.
2. Benoit vs Regal. An old-school classic that was marred by two ad breaks and not being given enough time (although 12 minutes isn’t bad for a B-level throw-away show like Velocity). This is the best Benoit has looked in nearly a year. Seriously, the Crippler’s been getting very dull lately – let’s hope this leads to a Benoit-Regal feud for the US title.
3. Commentator Josh Matthews. He tries at least.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Fellow commentator Steve Romero. Who hired this know-nothing geek? I thought colour commentators were supposed to have, y’know, a personality. Sheesh!
I taped the July 14 SmackDown! on Sunday.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Mexicool vs. Paul London, Funaki & Scotty 2 Hotty. It looks like Super Crazy’s the only guy working for his team as Juvey and Psicosis did next to nothing (except for Juvey’s 450 splash which he blew and wound up driving his knee into poor London’s head). And their gimmick’s incredibly racist. Still, they’re a fun combo to watch. Good match.
2. Christian’s beatdown and victory over Booker T. This was great and the perfect way to build up Captain Charisma as a vicious SOB. Christian’s been so badly mishandled by the writers – the crowd are willing him to become a superstar, and yet he keeps getting cut off at the knees. Hopefully, this is the start of something good for Christian.
3. The return of Road Warrior Animal. It was great to see jumpin’ Joe back in the ring and he didn’t look too bad for his age. Hooking him up with Heidenreich may not be the right thing to do, but the pair should have a fun nostalgia match with MNM at the Bash. This was one of the major reasons why I ordered the PPV.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Eddie Guerrero’s antics. He’s good at being a heel, but this angle with Rey Misterio is killing Eddie dead. No-one likes this soapie crap (except Vinnie Mac, obviously). And this feud’s going nowhere. Eddie’s lost a step and Rey’s bone-lazy these days, so their matches have all been less than spectacular (which is a disgrace considering who we’re talking about here). These two have been going at it for six months which, in WWE, feels like an eternity – normally, I’d be happy to see such a long-term feud developing, but thanks to the average matches and shite angle, I just want this to end. Now.
2. Batista vs Orlando Jordan. Lord, I’m glad I fast-forwarded through this one. JBL’s beatdown on Batista after the match didn’t give me much faith their main event at the Bash would be worth watching.
I wrapped up my first weekend of WWE action with an episode of International Heat.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Nothing.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Viscera being a man-raping babyface.
2. The mishandling of the Heart Throbs, who could be a hot heel tag team.
3. Rob Conway’s new gimmick. Ugh.
4. Rene Dupree entering the arena wearing a Ric Flair-style robe. Now THAT’S offensive.
5. Everything else.
WEEK 2
IT CONTINUED for me the following week. I was hooked and I needed to keep up-to-date on all the WWE goings-on before I tuned into the Bash. First, there was the July 18 RAW.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita. Forget the morality of what these three perpetrated months ago to set up this angle. Forget about Hardy’s hypocrisy in previous interviews after being sacked by WWE. Forget about his overall sleaziness and being a mark for the business. Right now, the only thing I care about is that this angle EXCITES me. Plus I think Lita's far hotter as a heel than as a face. Of course, their match won’t deliver and their feud will sell diddly-squat tickets, but I enjoy it.
2. The verbal showdown between Michaels and Hogan. Wow. Two manipulative, cunning ring greats duelling on the microphones – it was wonderful to watch. Hogan won, of course. No-one manipulates the crowd as well as the Hulkster.
3. Angle taking on Matt Striker (again). That was really funny. Kurt is pure gold in these spots.
4. Carlito. His feud with Shelton Benjamin isn’t clicking, but I love to see him wrestle and hear him talk. Carlito as WWE’s longest-reigning IC champ? That sounds cool.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Cena having to wrestle Snitsky in the main event. That was horrible.
2. The Diva Search. Just let it end and hire the bimbos. Please!
3. Chavo Guerrero’s “If it’s not white, it’s not right” gimmick. What the fuck?
4. Jericho as a main-eventer. Jesus…bring back Triple H.
OK, not the greatest RAW, but I was stoked ’cos Velocity was next.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. More Frankie Kazarian. Yes!
2. The bWO challenging Mexicool. It doesn’t make sense, but I like it anyway.
3. MNM vs Danny Doring/Roadkill. WWE tag champs vs the last ECW tag champs. Very nice – and nice of WWE to acknowledge the challengers’ tag team history.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Steve Romero. You have no idea how much I hate him.
2. Christian selling for most of his match against Funaki. That doesn’t exactly build him up as a credible main event guy.
The next day, I taped Smackdown! from July 21, followed by International Heat (which is masochistic, I know). First, let’s talk about Smackdown!.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Rey Mysterio vs Super Crazy. It ended in DQ was merely a backdrop to further Rey’s feud with Eddie, but I enjoyed much of it, particularly as Super Crazy’s the only member of Mexicool who actually does any work in the ring. And I’ll admit their entrance on the lawnmower is a guilty pleasure.
2. Animal & Heidenreich destroying two jobbers in under 30 seconds. Shades of the original Road Warriors (and quite sensible keeping the match as short as possible, considering how horrible Heidenreich is in the ring).
3. Eddie vs Benoit. A fabulous bout although the countout ending was flat. However, Rey’s post-match attack on Eddie was a nice touch.
4. JBL’s “presidential address”. He’s always entertaining on the mike. Pity I have to see him wrestle though.
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Booker T vs Simon Dean. I hated Booker T back in WCW but at least he could work in those days. Now he’s just horrible. Dean is a nothing gimmick that sucks the life out of the crowd. Bleh.
Next came Heat and, thank Christ, it was slightly better than last week.
What The Doctor Liked:
1. The Heart Throbs. I was sorry to see them lose again, but I enjoyed their antics coming to the ring and their match with tag champs Hurricane and Rosey was passable.
2. Super Stacy. The only reason to watch two glorified jobbers as RAW’s tag team champions is the fact they’re managed by Stacy Keibler wearing a mask. Mmmmm…
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Viscera. Nuff said.
2. Rene Dupree. Nuff said.
3. Rob Conway. Nuff said.
4. Val Venis. Billy Kidman and Charlie Haas get sacked, yet this zero still has a job and gets TV time to boot?
MY COMEUPPANCE
SO, FUELED by two weeks of reasonably good WWE TV (by 2005 standards anyway), I sat down to watch WWE Smackdown! The Great American Bash, held in Buffalo NY on July 24.
Now, while I disagree with many fans who felt this was one of the worst (if not THE worst) PPV of the year, I thought it was merely mediocre. I certainly wasn’t happy about spending $30 ordering it, but it wasn’t completely horrible either.
Let’s run through the highs and lows, shall we?
What The Doctor Liked:
1. Animal & Heidenreich winning the tag belts. Nostalgia pops can be good sometimes and as long as this is a short-term switch, I’m happy to see one half of my all-time fave tag team holding WWE tag gold again. Of course, it’s a pity a walking chemist shop is holding the other strap.
2. Undertaker’s destruction of the Muhammad Hassan and Daivari characters. We all knew it was happening and why, but I still enjoyed watching such a total burial of an unsuccessful gimmick. The match itself sucked, but the post-match shenanigans made it worthwhile
What The Doctor Hated:
1. Bad booking decisions. MNM losing their belts so quickly after winning it really sent them down a notch or three. The decision to have Christian job to Booker T was nonsensical. And Benoit losing clean to a stiff like Orlando Jordan made no sense whatsoever. Deciding who should go over in those first three matches pretty much killed the PPV for many people, I think.
2. Orlando vs Benoit. Bad enough as the decision was to put the champ over the Rabid Wolverine, what was even worse was the match itself. And, frankly, I don’t entirely blame Orlando. Benoit was lethargic, uninspired and, dare I say it, just plain ordinary. Like Eddie, age and injuries are finally catching up with the Crippler and it could soon be time for him to gracefully retire and become head trainer at Vince’s new meat factory in Atlanta. Then again…maybe Orlando really is that horrible.
3. Booker T winning. Any match. Ever. Who cares? Fuck off and die, mate.
4. The Muhammad Hassan-Undertaker feud recap. Tasteless, insensitive crap. Basically, the Hassan gimmick was garbage from the start – it eventually led to the complete burial of the poor sap who played Hassan. Let’s just hope his career isn’t as dead as his character.
5. The bWO (Steven Richards & Nova & Blue Meanie) vs Mexicool. I expected more from this match. Instead, it was short filler material. The crowd didn’t care and neither did I. Pity.
6. Eddie vs Rey. Once again, these two underachievers lived up to my lowered expectations. The match was adequate (no more, no less) and was marred by constant camera shots of Rey’s kid Dominic at ringside (and the kid's already taller than his midget dad. Jesus!). What’s worse, we now know this limp feud will continue till at least SummerSlam. Lord give me fuckin’ strength.
7. JBL vs Batista. What’s worse than watching JBL and Batista plod through a near-20-minute snoozefest? Having it end with a lame DQ, thereby extending their feud till SummerSlam. Could a PPV have ended any worse than this?
Hmmm. Maybe I need to reassess my opinion. This could well be the worst Great American Bash I’ve seen since the infamous “We Want Flair” GAB of 1991. Of course, I didn’t see last year’s PPV for a comparison, so maybe I’m being too harsh on this one.
It did suck a lot, however.
And you can take this to the bank, I won’t be ordering another WWE PPV for a long, long time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home