UWF, Regents Park - Saturday, April 14
WHEN legendary rasslin’ commentator, historian and promoter Ed Lock invited me along to a UWF card last Saturday night, I didn’t know quite what to expect. I was only familiar with two names on the roster – Phil “Birdman” Picasso and Greg “The Professor” Stekker. The rest were unknowns to me.
Well, after attending the April 14 card at the
There are some excellent young workers in this fledgling promotion – I’m glad that Ed convinced me to come along and check them out.
I was very impressed with high-spot artists like MH Cydell, Kody Hohaia, Alex Rudka, Mikey Lord and Adam Lord (no relation, I assume).
Also, big men Shane Steele, Bruza and Morbid look like they’ll be names to watch in the future.
Add to that the sparkling commentary by legends Larry Memmry and Trevor Singleton, and Mr Singleton’s stirling work as ring announcer, and it added up to a fantastic night for me, Ed and the 120 other fans who turned up.
As always, it was also great to catch up with the “one and only” UWF Hall Of Famer, Misterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Graeme “Fozzy” Young, reuniting the Four Horsemen once more...well, three quarters of them anyway (where were you, Tully?).
Results: MH Cydell b Kody Hohaia, MEW match: Mexicutioner b Shane Steele, Morbid b Alex Rudka – COR, NSW Championship: CJ Irwin (c) b Antonio De'Ath (w/- Mika LeStrange), UWF Australian Heavyweight Title: Greg “The Professor” Stekker b Phil “Birdman” Picasso, The 3 Factors (Adam Lord & Bruza) w/- Chris Sanchez b The Immortals (Bane Youngblood & Mikey Lord) w/- CJ Irwin.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home