Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Necro Butcher vs Samoa Joe (IWA Mid-South, Philadelphia June 11, 2005)

I'VE always wondered how a match-up like this would go: a strong-style grappler like Joe versus a death-match fighter like Necro. Now I know and, wow, the end result was fascinating.
This unique contest was barely 10 minutes long but featured some stiff elbows, stiffer kicks and two brutal face-first bumps that left Necro with blood pouring from his forehead.
Joe eventually won via knock-out courtesy of a vicious kick to the face, which was the only result that made sense in the end.
Necro may never win awards for technical brilliance (or a place in PWI's bullshit Top 500), but he showed he could stick with one of the best pure wrestlers in the world. And Joe showed he could go with one of the most insane workers in the USA and produce a match that was entertaining and logical in the context of this bizarre pseudo-sport we love with a passion.
I for one would like to see a return bout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home